To properly prepare for your PET/CT study:
Please do not eat or drink 4 hours before your appointment. You can have as much plain water as desired (no flavored waters).
- This includes no gum, no cough drops, no mints, etc. You may take your prescribed medications if you are allowed to take them without food and with water only.
- No caffeine should be consumed 24 hours prior to the test.
- This includes certain medications, chocolate, soda, tea, and even decaffeinated coffee and tea. If you have any questions, please contact our Center.
- If you have diabetes, please contact our Center for further information and instructions.
- If you have not followed these instructions, please contact us so that we may reschedule your exam. We know this is inconvenient, but we want to make sure you have the most accurate results possible, and not following the above instructions will impact the results of your exam.